Poll ended at Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:07 am

Onna-Bugeisha
75%
Greek Amazon
25%

Total votes : 4

Japanese Onna-Bugeisha vs Greek Amazon

Postby Melgeezy on Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:07 am

Greetings Fight Fantasies mods and members alike! Today I bring you an an erotic match up of the ages. Since this site deals with erotic female combat lets pit some real female warriors of legend against one another. For this future classic the tell of the tale is as goes and the heroines will be posted in this imgur link > http://imgur.com/a/dhYOf

In one hand we have the legendary Amazons, who's existence has been argued as Greek mythology, but recent historic studies have given their existence some credibility. In short Amazons where small tribal nomadic women who traveled through South Eastern Europe and even into the Mediterranean Isle's. They were masters of any weaponry a man could use at the time (Bows, Spears, swords etc.) and arguably as talented.

Marked by beauty, spirited character, courage and bravery. One can see why both men and women and the Greeks were enthralled by the character of these women. Their modern day sexualized demeanor aside, If there were ever a society that embodied female empowerment and independence it was the Legendary Amazon!

However, a class of warrior women also existed in the land of the rising sun, regardless of the eras they served in. These battle Maidens served as Onna-bugeisha for feudal lords and are staunch contestants against the Amazons.

Like their counter parts the Amazons, sheer necessity drove some Japanese women to learn and master the craft of combat and self defense. Mainly utilizing Katanas, pole/staff weapons, and short swords/daggers in a very peculiar style of combat known as Tantojutsu. A style known for the tactical and skillful use of daggers in close combat.

Similarly, they hand a sense of kinship with their sisters as the Amazons did, but fought alongside men rather than be independent of them. It is understood that the Onna-Bugeisha were a precursor of sorts to the Samurai archetype who fought not only out of necessity, but as honorary warriors for feudal lords.

Aside from the natural differences in culture and society, these heroines were eerily similar and pronounced combatants who fought in eras were war and chaos sparred no human and held no exclusive gender preference. Even so much as the choice of weaponry. Alas, only one must rise to the top as the premier Female Warrior Class! Of course, we will use exclusively sexualized versions of these women to fight against one another for their sake in honor and as heroines!

So who will it be fight fantasies? Lets collectively decide on which fem-fatal is the best or for those of us who are more visceral in nature the least or most attractive!

Personally it is my opinion that the Amazons are going to be superior in strength and ferociousness. They solely fight as proud warrior women and take great pride in that factor. While the Onna-Bugeisha will be more savvy in technical prowess, given the natural orientation of Oriental societies to hone and develop combat styles.

My vote is on the Amazons, as nomads they have fought and traveled existing solely as female warriors. Which would make them astoundingly fit and versatile/adaptive with their enemies.
Melgeezy

Re: Japanese Onna-Bugeisha vs Greek Amazon

Postby Melgeezy on Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:49 am

Well it seems you guys have spoken your minds quite decisively! And so be it, the Amazon will die with honor in the heat of battle! I'll flesh out the details to Nichx before the nights end. If I may ask you few who voted what appeal or stake did you have when you voted? Was the Geisha just prettier or more endearing in your eyes or maybe you just wanted to see a sultry blonde bite the dust 8) :twisted:
Melgeezy

Postby Devilfist on Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:29 pm

Melgeezy wrote:Well it seems you guys have spoken your minds quite decisively! And so be it, the Amazon will die with honor in the heat of battle! I'll flesh out the details to Nichx before the nights end. If I may ask you few who voted what appeal or stake did you have when you voted? Was the Geisha just prettier or more endearing in your eyes or maybe you just wanted to see a sultry blonde bite the dust 8) :twisted:

You mentioned the Amazon were a nomadic tribe. This means that most of the time they spend hunting, traveling and looking for food. Only a fraction of that time they spend actually training for war and combat. Of course throughout history there have been plenty of nomadic tribes highly succesfull in conquering other cultures. Tribes like the Mongols and the Huns come to mind. However this was mostly because of tactics and not because they were superb melee fighters or something.

You mentioned the Onna-Bugeisha are a warrior class. Which means that basically their entire life is build around combat. Not traveling, hunting or other stuff. So I imagined that in a straight melee fight the highly trained, full time warrioress Geisha would have an advantage over a nomad who does not train full time.

However if the fight involves hit and run tactics, horses and/or archery from horseback I will instantly change my vote ;)
Devilfist

Postby Melgeezy on Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:13 pm

I see your point, the Amazons are more versatile, but the Geisha has committed her time to honing her skills as an actual combatant. As a result, an uninterrupted 1v1 should end easily in her favor since she lives her life solely for the purpose of front line combat. Its hard to argue against that, regardless of the fact that I still think the Amazons are more athletic.

Also, yeah I agree on the omission you made. If a group of Geisha vs Amazons went at it. Overall I think the Amazons would have superior guerilla tactics and cavalry prowess. In an extended battle the Amazons could prove more resilient and resourceful living off the land and fighting as they choose with superior navigation skills and mobility. The Geisha would eventually tire out.

Here are the links I derived my information from in case you want a quick read out of sheer curiosity! :P http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news ... -cannabis/
https://www.warhistoryonline.com/ancien ... riors.html
Melgeezy

Postby Devilfist on Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:27 pm

Great analysis.
I think that the situation in which the fight takes place means everything.

The Roman legions for example were full time soldiers who used superior weaponry and tactics that allowed them to win fights when they were outnumbered. They fought against tribes who did not have that kind of weaponry and tactics and who were not full time soldiers.

However in certain situations the Roman legions were outmatched. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of ... st#Battles

Also a warrior class is most of the time a product of the country they live in. A warrior who wears heavy armor might have trouble when he has to travel and/or fight in the heat of the desert. And likewise lightly armored but fast warriors might get slaughtered without room to maneuver against heavily armored soldiers.

It also matters how familiar one side is with the other side's tactics and weaponry. The European knights for example had no clue how to deal with the hit and run tactics of the Mongols.
Devilfist

Postby Melgeezy on Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:42 am

Devilfist wrote:Great analysis.
I think that the situation in which the fight takes place means everything.

The Roman legions for example were full time soldiers who used superior weaponry and tactics that allowed them to win fights when they were outnumbered. They fought against tribes who did not have that kind of weaponry and tactics and who were not full time soldiers.

However in certain situations the Roman legions were outmatched. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of ... st#Battles

Also a warrior class is most of the time a product of the country they live in. A warrior who wears heavy armor might have trouble when he has to travel and/or fight in the heat of the desert. And likewise lightly armored but fast warriors might get slaughtered without room to maneuver against heavily armored soldiers.

It also matters how familiar one side is with the other side's tactics and weaponry. The European knights for example had no clue how to deal with the hit and run tactics of the Mongols.

Aside from the one on one which we can clearly distinguish a winner, I like to think in the context that if the Bugeisha fought the Amazons it would be as occupying/invasion force, as a party claiming a territory. They would act as emissaries warning of the immediate annexation of a land along with subjugation to their feudal lord. Not willing to risk a full on battle the Amazons confront them in light skirmishes as their numbers are segmented into smaller squadron sized units. All the while using the terrain to their advantage. In this context, I think they would hold a severe advantage until the Geisha could figure out a countermeasure or pincer movement or some sort of envelopment. Although this realization may come too late as it seems Samurai or Geisha in this case, followed certain combat formalities to one degree or another. They have success on the individual level, but as they are forced to break their customary tactics they now play the game how the Amazons see fit. Equipped and trained more for a conventional battle according to their era; any extended excursion would prove to be strenuous for them to say the least.
Melgeezy

Postby nichx on Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:44 pm

I hope you like this!

:::::::::::: Nichx :::::::::::::::::
http://www.fightfantasies.com
nichx
Site Admin

Return to Take it to a Vote!